CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Response’s assignment

Arabic Spain

In her journal, "Spain: a good place to have fun!!" Barbara writes about her country's way of having fun and how it differs from the United States. She says that people in Spain like to have fun by going to clubs until 6 in the morning, and then they have "Churros" as a breakfast. They spend a long time enjoying themselves with their friends there, whereas American clubs close earlier. Also, she mentions the difference in legal age to go to clubs between U.S. and Spain.

In my opinion, people in my country have the same tradition of celebrating in their celebrations and parties. They stay at the party or wedding until 5 or 6 in the morning. They spend about five to eight hours in a party, talking, dancing, and celebrating the event. After that, they sometimes go together and have a breakfast. There are a lot of similarities between Spanish people and Arabic people. Arab Muslims used to live in Spain for more than eight centuries and some habits are shared between the two cultures. Some of the shared things between us as I learned from some of my friends who visited, Spain that Spanish people take naps in the afternoon as we do. This is one of the most common things in my culture. I want to visit Spain because I think it's one of the most beautiful countries and I can enjoy Spanish culture very much.

0 comments: