CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Technology (Fluency Ex.2)

I have used a cell phone since 1997 and I really can’t live without it. In the first 3 months I was very careful in dealing with the machine itself. I thought it was something very strange to carry a phone in the school and to contact my family and my friends anytime I wanted. To be honest, I was also scared to use it because someone told me that this technology would destroy my mind. The call charge was very expensive, but now it is getting cheaper because it is not a new thing now. There are many positive points for using cell phone like you can contact the people anytime you want-when you walk, when you drive, and when you work, which means there is no special time or place you should stay in to call. One more advantage I faced myself is one day I lost my way in the desert in Saudi Arabia and I called one of my friends and he told me some signs to get to the right way and thank god I made it. On the other hand, there are some negative points with using cell phones like you can’t escape from people during your normal day. Sometimes when I look for some privacy during my normal day I really can’t have it because if I don’t answer my calls, my friends get angry and say, "You don’t want to contact us", but I don’t, in fact I just want to relax. Finally, the cell phone is something like the water in my life; I couldn’t live without it.

0 comments: