CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Global Warming Effects in Taiwan

The weather has changed the last few years so the mountains are different now. There are many mountains on a small island, like my home country, Taiwan. As global warming became worse, the weather varied widely, which caused more heavy rains, storms, and typhoons than in the past. If made the weather warmer and warmer, and has resulted in large temperature differences when the weather shifts. Moreover, the mountain soil suffered from too much water, which caused trees to loosen and create landslides! I heard of landslides in geography class when I was a senior high school student. At that time, all of my classmates and teachers could not imagine the situation because we didn’t have this disaster in Taiwan before. However, a big landslide happened in 1999, which damaged a lot of houses, farms and roads and we lost many people.

That’s an example of my home country suffering from global warming. If the condition can’t be controlled on time, my home country might not have mountains and sink in several decades.

0 comments: