CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Chinese Food

I am missing the food of my country. Especially in winter, I want to eat hot pot in the cold weather. American food is different from Chinese food. In the price, I can spend less money to eat in Taiwan than in the U.S. When I came to the U.S., I felt that any kinds of food was every expensive. I need to spend two times the money to eat a meal. In flavor, American food is not spicy but some Chinese food is very spicy. For me I don’t like to eat too spicy food and I can easily accept American food. There are some differences between American food and Chinese food. For vegetables, we usually cook vegetables to be a dish, but Americans love to eat fresh vegetables, like salad. Americans love potato so much and I have eaten several different potato dishes. Like potato salad, fries, sweet potato, and potato chips. We love rice so much and most Chinese people need to eat rice. If we didn’t eat rice for a long time, we will feel something wrong. Beverages are also different. We can find any kinds of food in the convenience store, like oolong tea, green tea, black tea, and flower tea. However, in America we can find many different kinds of soda. Even though I have been in America for 8 months, I have not tried all kinds of soda. Now I miss the food of my country very much; I begin to imagine that I walk in the night market and eat the cheap and delicious Taiwanese snacks.

0 comments: