CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Compare my hometown and Carbondale

I have been in many cities and towns since I started traveling. Of course, I would compare them to my hometown—Taiwan all along. Comparing them, whether better or worse than mine, doesn’t mean anything or have any purpose, but I merely want to know how much gaps there are and how lifestyles are different among them. Taiwan, in which I have lived more than 20 years, will be compared to my current place in which I am living.

Taiwan, a small island, sits in the eastern Pacific Ocean, where the tallest mountains of Asia are. Most them are over 3000 meters high. The coast’s line is about 1200 kilometers long or over. Its pattern is like a potato, narrow on both the east and west side. Taipei is the capital city of Taiwan, and I have lived there for a long time. Taipei is like a sleepless city, operating 24 hours. Business companies work both day and night for linking to every corner of this world. To satisfy these needs, that bookstores, restaurants, shopping centers and others open 24 hours as well.

Carbondale, a small town, is located in the middle east of the United States. Here there are not many mountains but it is quite flat. On the other hand, land collapses will not happen. It has beautiful autumn scenes. Although Carbondale is a small main city in south Illinois, small businesses are everywhere. Most stores are closed before 10 pm. You can say it has already contained everything we need in it. Carbondale’s life is more peace and relaxes than my hometown.

It is not about how better or worse in this article. It is about the lifestyle differences. We said it in Taiwan: “dropping worse to get better from your experience”. Every different lifestyle has its own value, dropping our worse parts, but learning and getting the most valuable parts from others.

0 comments: