CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ahmed Altaleb. EAP2b

My group consists of seven respectable, intelligent, educated, and funny members. We usually spend the hour with Derreck and Elizabeth in the classroom. Due to the huge differences in cultures, we find social issues grabs and education grabs our attention. Two social differences we enjoyed talking about were the most shocking to me. One is that Americans do not get married to any of their relatives. Group members showed surprise expression when they know that and so did I. Relatives in the US are like friends and no more. We are not like that in Saudi Arabia and that what makes us surprised. The other thing is that living with your parents after the age of eighteenth is considered to be shameful. I noticed that actually before coming to USA through the movies, but I wanted to see if it is confined to some people or not.

0 comments: