CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

No Fear of Failing (FE8)

I think the most difficult parts in the EAP2 level are the presentations and writing. Before I became an EAP2 Student, I worried about I will fail the class, because I never had a chance to practice my speaking and writing in Taiwan. Moreover, I cannot speak a complete sentence before I came to America. You can imagine how stressed I felt.

However, I realized that it is not as hard as I thought. On the one side, by keeping practice, I can easily express my idea or emotion gradually. I tried to memorize every mistake I made, and corrected it by the Internet or dictionary when I came back to my room. In addition, I tried to remembered every new word I never heard before, and asked my teacher its meaning and how to use it.

On another side, thinking in English is a good strategy for learning English. First, you have to try to think about anything you are doing now in English, from when you wake up to when you go to sleep. Then, try to use English to describe your feeling or your expressions to others. The first time, you might just have a little vocabulary to use. Don't be defeated; use the dictionary to find the word you doesn’t know, and keep it in mind. Finally, you will find that you can speak English fluently, because you have already rehearsed the conversation in your mind again and again.

I am so glad I have the chance to study abroad and to improve my language ability. After this, I realized one thing that I can do anything well only I want to try with no fear of failing.

0 comments: